We all say we are prepared for when disaster strikes. Are we ready? Get out there and test your gear!
During the off-season, I built myself a bit of a VHF/UHF Go-Kit. I can quickly and safely transport my gear to the outdoors. I haven’t yet used this kit much for public service. At today’s event, it was way overkill; we could have used bullhorns and yelled at each other from across the way. I wanted to test my new setup. It worked splendidly and now I have a better idea of what I am still missing. Unfortunately, I had to call for a First Aid kit, this is something I should be ready for.
- ICOM ID-5100a (2M/440Mhz)
- Super Antennas MP-1 (80M-70CM with loading coils)
- Room for one of my HTs (Currently a VX-8DR)
- Battery (with powerpoles!)
Things I learned I’m missing:
- First Aid kit
- Cutout for a 2nd HT
- A Vest letting people know I’m with the Amateur service.