Raspberry 2 WebServer running WordPress
As you can see, this project is well on it’s way. Originally, I was planning on using this Raspberry Pi 2 for something else but this project seemed cool enough to change my mind. Web hosting is not something I had done prior. Being a self-proclaimed geek, everyone asks, “do you have a website?” I can finally say yes. Give credit where credit is due, I followed many of the instructions from http://www.raspipress.com/ to get started. So far so good though when watching Netflix I bet WA8LIV.com loads really slow…
- Content 😉
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization), without cheating. I won’t be asking my Mother/Grandfather.
- HTTPS SSL Encryption
- Migrate to Raspberry Pi 3
Since running a webserver requires some degree of security, I have been experimenting with pfSense, a great FreeBSD distribution for networking appliances and firewalls. I have created multiple subnets allowing for a proper DMZ, with very limited access, for this webserver as well as a LAN for normal use.
- Snort IDS/IPS
- OpenVPN Concentrator
- Squid for caching, though currently turned off.
- VPN to Parent’s (Troubleshooting and off-site backup)
- Reverse Proxy (cacheing and additional protection)
DSTAR DVAP on Raspberry Pi
Western D-Star G4KLX image. Come find me on D-Star!
Migrate to MMDVM to add DMR capabilities.
Move DMZ to Public IP Space via AmprNET (Amateur Packet Radio Network)
- Get IP Space from AmprNET
- OpenVPN tunnel to AmprNET edgerouter
- Migrate DMZ